Charlotte, N.C- E.A. is still putting out updates for Madden 18 even after the football season has come to an end with the Philadelphia Eagles Beating the hated New England Patriots, in one of the most exciting super bowls to date, where we saw offensive records shattered.
This one comes with more game play updates then the one the released last month as well.
One of the fixes has been wanted for awhile now, they fixed an issue that would occasionally prevent ball carriers from being tackled directly following a broken tackle animation. For the complete list of updates check out the below.
- Added logic so that the Weak Box exploit manager does not trigger vs. AI-controlled opponents (penalty results in frequent pancake blocks by the offense)
- Addressed an issue causing QBs with the Gunslinger Ability to throw touch passes instead of bullet passes
- Addressed an issue that would occasionally prevent ball carriers from being tackled directly following a broken tackle animation
- Addressed an issue causing defenders to occasionally give up on the play during some broken tackle animations
- Addressed the jumping sideline catch animation that would often force players to land out of bounds
- Added a fix to disable the 10-second runoff when the team that is winning takes a penalty with less than a minute left in the half or game
- Added fixes to aggressive pass rush to help ensure defenders have a chance to jump offsides no matter what formation the defense comes out in (including Nickel 3-3-5)
Developer Note: The Weak Box exploit manager was introduced this year to encourage players to better match the offensive personnel on the field when trying to defend the run, especially heavy run sets with eight or more run blockers inside the tackle box. Due to a lot of valuable feedback from our players, we discovered the AI could get hit by this inadvertently which was never the intent of the exploit manager. The new logic will prevent it from occurring when playing AI opponents moving forward.
Madden NFL 18 update 1.10 is available now for PlayStation 4.