Charlotte, NC — The Carolina Panthers are back in the playoffs for a fourth straight season thanks to their 12-4 record. Ex-head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals, Mark Miller, was hired this off-season in hopes he can lead them to 2K OLF Super Bowl VII. So far the plan is working as coach Miller brought them to a first round bye in the playoffs.
The Panthers are one of two teams that entered the playoffs on a two game losing streak. They lost their final home game against the Atlanta Falcons in week 16, and then the following week they lost to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on the road. In their last five games the Panthers are 3-2.
Thanks to their win last week, the Cowboys are now on a three game win streak and are 4-1 over their last five games.
Did you know?
- The Cowboys have played the Panthers only three times in the regular season. This will be the first time they play each other in the playoffs.
- In the previous three meetings, the Cowboys have lost all three games.
- Their game in week 12 of Season 6 took place on Thanksgiving and it has been the only time the Panthers have played the Cowboys on the road.
- This is the second straight season the Panthers have played in the Divisional round.
- In last season’s divisional round the Panthers lost to the Washington Redskins 24-14.
- The Cowboys last Divisional appearance was in Season 6 versus the Seattle Seahawks. The Cowboys won that game by a final of 17-28.
- Panthers coach Miller and Cowboys coach Perez have played against one another before. Back in week 9 of Season 7 as head coach of the Bengals, coach Miller defeated coach Perez and the Cowboys in overtime.
- Coach Miller has been in the playoffs two times, once as head coach of the Steelers and once as head coach of the Bengals, he lost both games.
coach: Mark Miller
Regular Season: 12-4-0
Career Record: 38-28-0
Although coach Miller has lost both times he made the playoffs, this season has turned out to be his best yet. He has never finished a season with 12 wins, he has never had a first round bye and he has never had a team that has one of the most talented quarterbacks in the league.
coach: Andres Perez
Regular Season: 12-4-0
Career Record: 85-43-0
Coach Perez is back in the Divisional round for the first time in two seasons. He has never defeated the Panthers and has lost to coach Miller in the one match-up they had. The odds are not against him, but like all good or in this case, bad, must come to an end. If he can get his rookie QB from making mistakes and even half of a performance, like last week, from his RB Elliot he should break his bad streak.