Salem, OR — Madden NFL 19 game update 1.16 has arrived, bringing with it improvements to the defensive AI play calling, cover 3 logic, Ice the Kicker improvements, the return of the Franchise player-lock camera, added play-a-friend to MUT Squads and much more.
- Additional Cover 3 logic
- Ice the Kicker improvements
- Defensive AI play calling update
- Return of the Franchise Player-lock Camera
Madden Ultimate Team
- Added Play-a-Friend to MUT Squads via password matchmaking
- General stability improvements
- Re-implemented previous version of Franchise Player-lock Camera
- DEV NOTE: Due to community feedback about difficulties seeing the backfield action as a defensive player with the MUT Squads camera, we have reverted back to the legacy player-lock camera that views the field from the defensive perspective for Franchise mode and player-lock.
- Addressed a save file crash
- Fixed an issue where some players were missing Career Stats data
- Addressed an issue where Supersim could become stuck after a CPU player timeout
- Addressed an issue with mouse selection not functioning throughout the Customize Your Season flow, after continuing from a Play Now game
- Updated defensive play call AI for CPU-controlled teams
- DEV NOTE: AI-defensive play calling will now more closely match the tendencies each NFL team has shown over the course of the season up to this point.
- Addressed an issue causing defenders to sometimes line up offsides during no-huddle offense
- Increased fumble chance when hit with a Hit Stick tackle during a steerable spin ball carrier move – this applies to all Game Styles and difficulty levels
- Fixed an issue causing a fumble when the QB would break a sack during the throw animation – the ball will now be released and will result in an incomplete pass
- Added logic for Ice the Kicker so that when the kicker is iced by the opponent, the iced state will remain intact for the remainder of that drive
- DEV NOTE: This is an improvement to the Ice the Kicker logic to prevent the offense from running a wasted play or calling a timeout of their own to remove the iced state and does so by simulating the assumption that continuing to run a kicker on and off the field multiple times before a critical kick would in and of itself put him in a pressure-kick state.
- Added logic for Field Goal blocks to prevent players from spamming the Off the Line mechanic on RT/R2 to achieve a perfect jump on the snap; mistiming the button press will result in an early jump animation, a stamina penalty to that player, and possibly an offsides penalty – this new logic applies to all Game Styles and difficulty levels
- Fixed an issue with Cover 3 Match where the outside third defender didn’t always convert to man coverage against certain vertical routes
- Added logic for Cover 3 Match to prevent the Hook-Curl defender from converting to man coverage on receivers running short crossing routes
- Added logic for Cover 3 Match for the Seam Flat defender to search for and quickly match routes going to the flats after the Hook-Curl defender avoids matching
- Added logic for the Seam Flat defender in Cover 3 to match wheel routes
- Tuned Cover 3 Match to speed up the reaction of the Hook-Curl defender when the #3 receiver to his side runs a route to the flat underneath two vertical routes
- Fixed an issue in Cover 4 Quarters to properly cover the inside-most receiver vs. Hail Mary Trio
- Addressed an issue that would sometimes cause an RB hot routed to pass block on play-action plays to run past the line of scrimmage before entering his pass block assignment
- Fixed an incorrect button prompt for the Open-field celebration mechanic in Skills Trainer
- Added the ability to play Squads vs. Friends
- DEV NOTE: Squads Play-a-Friend is a new tile on the Squads hub. You first choose if you want to play in a 2v2 or 3v3 game. A team of two cannot match up against a team of three. Once you select the event, the party leader will be prompted to enter a password when they ready-up. Coordinate with your opponents and have them use the same password. Once you begin matchmaking, you will only match against another team using the same password.
lets see what impact this has in game!
After my last two games, the cpu AI has definitely improved. The cpu offense is much more productive than last season.
Yeah, I agree with what Max said. Even though we’re on All-Pro, the CPU is still challenging but beatable if the user can manage the game
Wow that’s crazy this update makes the cpu not an easy win lol 😂
better watch out for those cpu game moving forward!
Comments are closed.