The same team who dumped the current 2kOLF MVP last off season, now has to face him in the playoffs; Ben Roethlisberger. The Patriots and Steelers’ rivalry boiled up ever since the release of Roethlisberger. One team wanted to move on with a young quarterback while the other team was desperate for a new leader. Both teams certainly got what they were looking for and that’s why they both made it to the AFC championship match.
It was over when: Kyle Arrington made an interception to allow the Patriots to have possession with 2:22 left on the clock! From there, the Patriots wisely ran the clock down and sealed their trip to the Superbowl with Greg Zuerlein kicking a 28 yard field goal.
Game Ball: The game ball definitely goes to the difference maker in the game and that was Kyle Arrington. The game was in a heated tie, neck-to-neck with the score being (17-17). Colin Kaepernick was on fire and on the process of leading his team for a touchdown until Arrington made an amazing interception to give the game’s first turnover.
- Both sides were really focused on their run game with both teams compiling a total 36 rushing attempts.
- Heath Miller had an outstanding game by hauling in 6 passes for 121 yards.
- There was only one turnover in this game
- Both quarterbacks maintained a 100.0+ passer rating.
- Coach Nguyen is now (5-0) in the post season.
- The last time these two teams faced off was in season 1 in the Divisional playoff round. The Patriots made a miraculous comeback and won the game 28-23.
- The Patriots become the first AFC team to win back-to-back championships and also back-to-back trips to the 2kOLF Superbowl.